Saturday, March 23, 2013

Review: NYC Bronzer in Sunny

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny

Today's post is a review of one of my new found daily products, NYC's Bronzer in Sunny. This is a much loved product in the beauty world, mainly for two reasons- it's a very good bronzer, and it's so CHEAP. NYC is one of the cheaper drugstore brands anyway, but I find that their line is very hit and miss. Luckily for everyone, this one is a hit!
I never used to wear bronzer. I was always too scared to put it on, as I always assumed it would look very orange, dark and unnatural on me. 


(I really like the design of this bronzer. Unfortunately, the outer packaging looks sort of cheap and flimsy. But it is made up for because of the awesome bronzer inside and the cute sun design of the powder!)


The reason I like this bronzer so much is because of how natural it looks on me. It's a very light colour. That being said, it can be darkened to sort more medium coloured skintones. I am very pale, and it works well on me. Which is awesome, because a lot of bronzers can look way too dark on very pale skin tones! However, it might not show up as well on darker skintones. 


It may look very orange in the swatch, but it doesn't translate onto the skin that way. It just gives a very natural glow to your face without being sparkly. This is a MATTE bronzer, which makes it good for contouring, or even an all over your face application if you use a light hand. 


This is a pretty heavily applied swatch on my hand, as I wanted you to see the true colour of it if you built it up. I wear it much lighter on my face. 

It wears well, it's a good colour, it's easily buildable, and you don't go through it very fast because you need so little! An all star product, in my opinion.


This retails for around $4 CAD, and can be bought wherever NYC products are sold. 

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment