Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Review: Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner

Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Liner

This is actually the second liquid liner I have used in life. The first was from Revlon, which was in the pen form. I disliked that one so much that it completely turned me off liquid liners. 
I used gel eyeliner and pencil liner almost religiously. But a couple of months back, I was doing winged liner almost everyday. And gel liner was ok for that, but it was hard to get a really precise wing. 

Someone recommended this liner to me, and lucky me, it was on sale for $6.99 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart. So I picked it up, and I am so glad I did!


I only saw this is one colour, Black, which I think is the case for most liquid liners. 

Maybelline describes this as "ultimate precision liner", which is sort of the case. The thing I like the most about this liner is the brush. It's precise, but it's also flexible so you can in from all angles. It doesn't have a super fine tip, but it does a pretty good of getting a good wing. 

I find you have to shake this with every use, or else the colour won't be as rich and as black. I learned this the hard way. About a week after I bought it, I found the colour getting weaker and weaker. It was early in the morning, and I didn't realize you had to shake it. Lol. But I figured it out!


This is a swatch, see how rich and black it is! This is it freshly applied. It dries to a more matte finish than this, but not completely matte, so beware! 
My one complaint with this is how long it takes to dry. Sometimes, I'll be in rush and so I will curl my eyelashes before it is completely dry, and it will rub off. 

Staying power is good, too; it lasts all day.

So all in all, a great product!


Thanks for reading!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment