Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: Maybelline Master Drama Cream Pencil in Taupe Takeover

Hi everyone!

If you haven't already, feel free to pop over to my last post to take my reader survey. It will help me to see what you guys want to see more of (or even less of)!

But anyway, into the review! A couple of posts back, I reviewed the Maybelline Master Drama pencil in Midnight Master, which the plain black of the line. Today I'm reviewing the one in Taupe Takeover. This was released with Maybelline's Summer Collection, which for some reason, is still in drugstores around me.

 

I bought this for the main purpose on smudging it under my waterline on my lower eyelid. I figured it would be a nice pop of shimmer underneath the black. 

This is a twist up liner, so you don't have to sharpen it. One thing I will mention: once you twist it up, you can't twist it back down. 


This liner claims to have creamy glide, bold colour and 24 hour wear. Let's take a look to see if it lives up to that!

1. Creamy Glide: Yes! This is one of the smoothest liners I have tried. It glides on with such creaminess, it's almost a pleasure to put on in the morning. It's not like one of those liners that almost hurts to apply, because it scratches. 

2. Bold Colour: This liner is about as bold as a taupe can be. Obviously it's not one of the deepest darkest colours around, but it's not supposed to be.
















3. 24 Hour Wear: Since I only wear this below my waterline, I can't vouch for the staying power of this on the waterline. I imagine that it would be the same as the black one from this line, which didn't stay 24 hours. This one does stay on quite a while on the eye lid, though. 

This is smudgeproof, but not waterproof. It will run if you go swimming (or cry). 


All in all, I like this liner, but not as much as the black one. I don't find myself reaching for this one quite as often, because if I want a pop of shimmer on my lower lid, I'll usually just reach for an eyeshadow. This isn't a necessity for me. 


Thanks for reading!



Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment