Sunday, May 12, 2013

Nail Art Tutorial: Strawberry Design


Today I'm going to show you how to recreate the simple strawberry nail art shown above. It's really fun, and really easy to do!! I don't do nail art very often, so I know this isn't the best art ever and definitely not the most precise!
I actually got the idea for this from an Instagram picture my friend showed me. Unfortunately, I only saw it for a second and didn't get the name of the account. 

If you want to see how I did this, keep reading!!


The Polishes: 
So for this look, you only need three polishes, plus base coat and top coat if you like. You need a red polish (which I'm sure most of us own), a green polish, and a white/cream polish. 


Here are the polishes I used. For the red, I'm using Essie's Fishnet Stockings. For green, I chose OPI's Uh Oh Roll Down the Window, and for the white/cream (mine is more of a cream) I used OPI's My Vampire is Buff. Any similar polishes will work. 
You also will need some sort of dotting tool. You could use an actual dotting tool or a nail brush, but I opted just to use toothpicks. If you want a more precise look, I would use a dotting tool.

THE STEPS:

Step 1:
I first applied some of Revlon's ColorStay base coat (you can skip this step if you want), and then I applied the red base. 


Step 2: 
Then once that was dry, I took a toothpick with some of the green polish on it and started making triangle shapes at the top of my nails.

Like this:

Depending on the size of the nail, I usually put four or five triangles, then filled them in. 

Step 3:
Then using the white polish, I just made polka dots over the nail! Super simple! Then I applied top coat over everything. 


And here's the finished look! 

Hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial!


Thanks for reading!!



Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment