Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review: Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya


Today's review is of another Revlon lip butter, Juicy Papaya. This was released as part of Revlon's summer collection. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get this when that collection came out, because all of them sold out too quickly. 

However, Juicy Papaya and the other three lip butters that were released with the collection have been made of Revlon's permanent Lip Butter collection. So if you missed out on the summer collection, like I did, don't worry, because you can still find them!


Juicy Papaya was the only one I really wanted out of the four new lip butters, the other three being Sorbet, Wild Watermelon, and Pink Lemonade. 


Juicy Papaya is a gorgeous coral colour which is coming off more orange than it actually is in the picture above. Imagine that shade, just with more pink tones. 

When swatched, it does come off quite orange, but on the lips, it looks a little different. I read some blogger's reviews who said that it came off more pink on their light coloured lips, but since my lips are pretty pigmented, it came off as more of a true coral on me. 

I have been so into corals for the summer, I have coral lip products, nail polish, clothes, eyeshadow, blush, you name it. 

As with other lip butters, the formula of this is moisturising, smooth, and shiny. This is a little sheerer than other lip butters, though. 


This is a couple of swipes of product so you can sort of see that it's sheerer than other colours in the line. 



Thanks for reading!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment