Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review: ELF Studio Eyebrow Kits


Today's post is bringing you a review of some products from ELF, their Studio Eyebrow Kits. I have a big problem finding brow products that work for me, because they all seem too show up too warm/red on me. For reference, I have medium brown hair, and I usually tend to go for lighter brow products just in case it ends up looking unnatural.

My brows do not need much filling in; they aren't very sparse and the shape is fine so I don't really do a lot with them. But I also like to find a product to use, just so they look a little more finished. 

So once I found these on ELF's website, I was torn with what colour to go for, since it is sort of hard to judge on the website. I ended up choosing two colours: Ash, which is kind of a neutral one for blonds/light brown hair, and light, for light/medium brown hair. 

For size reference, the compact of these are the same size as one of their Studio Blushes. 

Let's take a closer look at these, shall we?


This is the brush they come with. The brush side is for applying the powder, and the angled brush is for applying the wax. You're supposed to apply the wax, and then put the powder on top.

So the first one I have is Ash, which is the light, neutral one. 


So on the left is the wax, which helps smooth your brows in place, and then the right has a powder to set everything. Ash is cool toned, so it will suit any skin tone. 


Here's the swatch with the wax on the left, and powder on the right. Obviously, the powder doesn't really show up, and the wax is a little sheerer, but you really wouldn't want it any darker than that.

The second one I got is Light, which is the one I use the most often, because it just fits my brow colour better. 




As you can see, this one is a little darker, but what I love about this is that it doesn't pull warm on me.

Formula wise, both the wax and powder apply smoothly and last a long time. I am very pleased with these, and I highly recommend them!

Thanks for reading,


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment