Thursday, February 07, 2013

NOTD: China Glaze Def Defying with Whirled Away

China Glaze Def Defying with China Glaze Whirled Away

Today's NOTD features two polishes from the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil collection, which is still available in some stores.

These are the last two from this collection I'll be showing you, I promise!






So for this post, I will talk about each nail polish separately. I'll start with Def Defying which is the green.
Def Defying is basically just a chartreuse (yellow toned green) creme. The formula was excellent; two coats needed, it dried quickly and smoothly.

So here is a couple of pictures of Def Defying by itself.




Then I added Whirled Away on top, which is a really cool looking indie polish. It's a clear polish, with black hexagon glitter (I hesitate to say glitter, since it isn't actually shiny), black bar glitter, and large white hexagonal glitter. 

Unfortunately, the formula on this one was a nightmare. First of all, the glitter was oddly dispersed and it took a lot of work to fish them out of the bottle and place them properly on the nail. And since I had to just basically gloop on globs of the polish in order to disperse the "glitter" evenly, it dried very uneven and with awful air bubbles. Honestly, the air bubbles looked like another type of glitter; they were everywhere!

So I had to put on a whole bunch of top coat to even it out, so it took ages to dry and it looks pretty goopy and thick. 
So here's some pictures of the completed manicure. 



I mean, it looks really cool, but in the future, I'll probably just wear Def Defying on it's own.


Thanks for reading!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment