Friday, February 22, 2013

NOTD: OPI My Vampire Is Buff

OPI My Vampire Is Buff

Today's NOTD is a polish from OPI's newest collection, Euro Centrale. I'll be honest, I don't know what the name of this polish has to do with Europe, but whatever. The name is still cute. I was drawn to this polish because plain whites look too harsh against my skin tone, but since this was an off white, I thought it might work.


And it does work. I love this colour. My Vampire Is Buff is a beautiful eggshell cream that looks so clean on the nails. LOVE. The first and second coats were a little streaky, but a third coat evened everything out. 


And because I was feeling a little creative that day (and I had some inspiration from a friend), I decided to do polka dots on top of the polish. I think this colour will be a great base for any nail art.

This is how it turned out!


I really like the finished look! The colour I used to make the polka dots was Dress Me Up from China Glaze, which was a part of their Hunger Games collection last March (almost a year ago! Wow!)


This was my "workstation". I used a toothpick to make the dots, and I just put a glob of the colour on a Post-It note and just dipped the toothpick in. It worked very well!


I really really like this colour. I think it looks soft, yet also makes a statement. Love it!


Thanks for reading!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment