Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review: Essence I Heart Crazy Volume Mascara


Ok, so I am going to make a very bold statement right now- this might possibly be my new favourite mascara. After seeing emilynoel83 raving about this in one of her videos, I had to go out and buy it, seeing as I usually like most of the same mascaras she does. And that definitely goes for this one!

Essence is a brand that only recently got onto my radar. I knew it was available in the US, but I had never seen it in Canada before, until I spotted a display at my Shoppers Drug Mart (not every Shoppers Drug Mart has Essence though, which is sort of sad; only two of mine have it). 
At first I was dubious, because the prices were SO cheap, and it looked sort of juvenile. But I decided to pick up an eyeliner just out of curiosity, and I loved it! I don't have a lot from this brand, but when I was recommended this mascara, I decided "what the heck"- it's only $5.

Yes, you heard right. The mascara that is my new favourite, that is better than any other drugstore or highend mascara I have ever tried, is ONLY FIVE FREAKING DOLLARS. Sorry if I seem excited. I am.

That being said, just because this mascara works well for me, does not mean it will work for everyone! I've tried mascaras that many other people have raved about that I ended up hating. So buy with caution (but really, it will only set you back five dollars).

Ok, anyway, on to the pictures!


The brush is a long, thick rubber brush, with short bristles. When I first saw the brush, I thought it looked like it might clump easily. But it doesn't.

THE FORMULA:
This isn't an overly wet or dry formula, it's sort of the perfect balance. It's a little wetter when you first buy it, and as all mascaras do, it will dry out as the weeks go by.

This claims to give "crazy volume", and it does give volume (though I'm not sure I would admit it to a mental hospital- get it? Because it's not actually that crazy...? Ok, moving on.) But it does give nice volume, but it also gives great length! Best of both worlds! Great, now the Hannah Montana song is stuck in my head. 

So to sum up, it doesn't clump, it gives good volume and good length. Awesome! One down side- it flakes a little bit. But it's a price I'm willing to pay. It doesn't give spidery lashes either, well, unless you put on like ten coats. 

There's only one colour available, which is just plain black. It's a nice rich black, though.

Ok, so now that I've rambled on enough, here is some before and after pictures.

Before

After

So, yeah, I'm in love. I definitely recommend checking this mascara out!!


Thanks for reading!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment