Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review: Essence Voluminizing Lash Powder

Essence Volumnizing Lash Powder

Whew, another Essence review! I bought this at the same time that I bought the "I Heart Crazy Volume" mascara that I reviewed in my last post. I bought it under the recommendation of my friend, or as she put it, "You buy it, and then I will read about it on your blog." Cool.


So me and her were both really intrigued by this product, because I mean, what the heck is lash powder?? Since it was only $3.50 CAD, I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out!

Ok, so here's what it is- Lash fibers. It comes with a jar of lash fibers, and a plain old mascara brush. 


It's actually very easy to use. All you do is put on a coat of mascara, and before it dries, apply a coat of lash fibers with the brush it comes with. The fibers will stick to the wet mascara. And then you seal it with another coat of mascara. 

Here's the fibers. 
WARNING: THEY GO EVERYWHERE. Up your nose, in your eyes, everywhere! I would advise closing your eye when you apply the coat of fibers. As long as you don't get them in your eyes, they're pretty easy to brush off everywhere else. Another application tip- tap the excess fibers off your brush before applying. But make sure you get an even coat on the brush.

So I guess we should get to the big question. Do they actually work, or are they just a gimmick? Well, I'm as surprised as you. It actually works!! For $3.50, you get lash fibers that really volumnize! They only claim to volumnize (which they do), but they also add some length.

bare lashes
lashes with mascara
lashes with lash fibers
I apologize for the crappy picture. It was early in the morning, and I was in a rush to get the picture taken. Looking at the two pictures, you can't really see much difference, but trust me when I say that there is definitely more volume with the fibers. 

I would definitely recommend checking these out! 


Thanks for reading!!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment