Sunday, June 16, 2013

NOTD: Essie Tart Deco

Essie Tart Deco

Guys, it finally happened. After four months and 26 days, I finally cracked and...bought another nail polish. Words can not describe how proud of myself I was for not buying any nail polish for that long. But I was browsing my local Shopper's Drug Mart and I saw that Essie was on sale from $11 CAD to $7 CAD, so I gave in and bought this shade I have been eyeing for awhile now.



In the bottle, Tart Deco appears to be a light coral. It doesn't translate like that on the nail, which I was sort of disappointed about. On the nails, this dries much darker and much more orange. The best way I can think to describe this is that instead of coral, it is much more salmon orange. And darker. It's a nice colour, but it wasn't really the colour I was looking for.

The formula on this was pretty good. The coats came on quite thick, but it was self levelling, so no streaks are visible. I needed two coats for full opacity. 
The brush on this was kind of awkward. I own other Essie polishes with better brushes, so I don't know if it was just this colour or what. But it had a really wide end, and the bristles would spread out way too far. 

All in all, not my favourite colour. It's a nice colour if salmon is what you're looking for, but I wanted more coral. I wish it dried the bottle shade. Ah well. It's still a nice summery colour.


Thanks for reading!!!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment