Sunday, June 02, 2013

Review: Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express Mascara


Hi! Sorry it's been so long between posts. I've been so busy!

Anyway, today's review is of a mascara that has been much raved about in the beauty community. It's the Maybelline Rocket Volum' Mascara in Blackest Black (non waterproof). Since I was in the market for a new mascara, I thought I would give it a shot.

Let's break it down! (Ok, that sounded way more gangster than I intended it to. You know what I mean. I meant we should break down the aspects of the product.)


The Packaging:


Ok, I LOVE the packaging. The pink and blue tube is just way too cute. It's very fun and bright, and it will easily stand out in your makeup drawer. 

It isn't too bulky that it's hard to get a grip on the tube; it's the perfect size.


The Brush:

Before you dip the brush into the product for the first time, it looks really awesome. 


For starters, it's pink. Adorable. You can see that it has a thin core and lots of long plastic bristles extending out from that. 
The brush isn't too long that it won't fit your eye. It's a really good size, but I will say that if you're not careful, those bristles will poke you in the eye. And that HURTS.

This is what the brush looks like after you dip in the product.


You get a lot of product on there!

The Formula:

First off, when they say Blackest Black, they ain't kidding. This is probably the richest and blackest mascara I have ever used. It's pure black, and it looks AMAZING.

This is fairly wet formula, wetter than I'm used to using. Because of that, yes, it does clump fairly easily. That being said, it doesn't clump until the third or fourth coat. But the clumps never make your lashes look spidery, like some mascaras do. They just make your lashes stick together. 


This mascara claims to give you 8x the volume, which is a pretty big claim. It definitely does give good volume, but not 8x. In fact, this gives better volume than any other mascara I've used. And it really does a good job in the lengthening department. 
But where it shines, is in separating your lashes. If you just stick to two coats of this, the long bristles comb through your lashes beautifully. It looks awesome. 
It also holds a curl very very well,

The Results:

Let's take a look at what it did for my lashes, huh?

Before-no mascara

 After-with mascara

Overall: 
I LOVE the way this makes my lashes look. It is a little tricky to remove, but it is so worth it. I really recommend this mascara.

This retails for about $10 CAD at any drugstore. 



Thanks for reading!



Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Your lashes look amazing afterwards! I think I'll have to check out this mascara. Maybelline makes some of the best mascaras. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really love it! Hope you like it too! :)

      Delete