Sunday, June 09, 2013

Review: Maybelline Master Duo Liquid Liner in Black Lacquer


I bought this liner after my Line Stiletto liner (also from Maybelline) dried up. I had heard good things about this liner, so I thought I would give it a shot. However, I had heard that only the black colour was good; that the blue, purple, etc were too watery. But I would only go for black anyway, so that wasn't an issue.

There were only a couple of shades available. There was a black, but it only came in one form (no "black", "very black", or "blackest black"), Black Lacquer. There was also a blue and a violet, and maybe one other colour? I'm not too sure. 

Unfortunately, this wasn't on sale when I bought it, but I was desperate, so I paid the full $13 bucks for it. That's a little outrageous for a drugstore liner, but oh well.


I really like the bottle of this. It's sleek looking. It's in the inkwell format, which a lot of other liners are in too. You screw of the top and the brush is attached to the lid.

The concept for this liner is pretty cool. It's meant to be a double liner (hence the name duo liner). One side of the brush is flat, and using that side, you are able to get a thick line on your eyelid. But when you rotate the wand 90 degrees, you are able to get a thin line. It's super easy to do winged liner with this!


This is the thick side of the brush.


And this is the thin side!

The formula for this is pretty good. It isn't thin or watery and it glides on pretty easily. I don't find myself having to go over a second time to get a rich black line. As with most liquid liners, you do have to shake it before use. 
The only issue I have with this is getting it off at night time. It's really tricky to remove, and it takes quite a bit of effort. 

Here a swatch to show the difference between the thin line and the thick line. 


Final Verdict:

Honestly, I don't like this liner as much as I like my Line Stiletto liquid liner. The Line Stiletto is easier to remove than this one.
This is a good liner, it's just not my favourite. 
I find the brush slightly awkward and it's sort of difficult to get an even line. It was much easier with the Line Stiletto.

This is a cool concept though, but I do recommend it for people with more experience applying liquid liner.

I will say though, that the formula on this one is very good. No complaints there.


Thanks for reading!!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment