Saturday, June 22, 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Seashore Frosts


This eyeshadow was literally the most elusive eyeshadow I have ever had to deal with. As soon as reviews of this started hitting the blogosphere, I started keeping my eyes out for it in stores. It was about three weeks before I spotted Maybelline's Summer collection display at Shoppers Drug Mart. They had the other Color Tattoo shades, but not this one. This is the only one I wanted; it was the most hyped about. So I called all drugstores in my city and they all had a similar story- that they had received this collection and Seashore Frosts had sold out quickly, and that they weren't getting anymore in. So I turned to the internet. After lots of searching, I finally found this sucker (brand new) on ebay. After paying twice the price and a week a waiting, this bad boy finally arrived. 


Seashore Frosts is probably the most talked about colour for the summer. It is a gorgeous duochrome blue-gold-green shade. It was so worth the wait. 

In the picture above, you can see more of the gold with a hint of blue, but in the next picture, I tried to capture more of the blue. 


See how pretty it is?
Formula wise, it isn't the greatest. It isn't as long wearing as the color's in the rest of the line. And the main issue I have with this shade is that it isn't that buildable. It doesn't pack a huge punch on the eyelid with just one layer, but when you try to add more, it won't spread easily. The duochrome sort of translates onto the lid, but I wish I could build it up more. 

Here's some swatches of this shade. I tried my best to capture the duochrome, but it is sort of difficult to get on camera. 


You can sort of see here the gold turning into the blue.

And this picture here is more gold, while the one after is more blue.


All in all, I highly recommend checking this color out. It's so unique, and it really isn't too vibrant on the eye, so it can look natural.

Thanks for reading!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment