Thursday, August 22, 2013

Review: ELF Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Soiree


So in my most recent ELF order, one item that caught my eye were the Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadows. The way the texture was described caught my interest, so I decided to go ahead and order one. 


The shade I picked was Soiree, which is a warm shimmery plum shade, with silver glitter. It's absolutely gorgeous, and I'm quite pleased with it, seeing as shades are sometimes hard to see what they will actually look like when you view them on ELF's website. 

I am actually in love with this line of eyeshadows. I will definitely be ordering more the next time I make an order. Let's take a look at why I like these so much shall we?

1. Texture: The texture of these is quite strange. They are like a mousse texture; they're spongy, but they're also fluffy and light. I apply this just by patting my finger on top of it a couple of times, I don't have to physically scoop out product. The texture is similar to the Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealers and Blushes. 

2. Colour: This is the main reason I love this so much. You know how when an eyeshadow has like visible glitter in it in the pan, but when you actually put it on your lid, the glitter sort of disappears? This doesn't happen with this. The texture makes sure that the glitter stays. 
The colour is also super rich and pigmented, and glossy/shiny. 


Stunning. 

3. Staying Power: These stay all day without creasing when you wear a primer. I cannot vouch for how they stay without a primer. 

4. Price: All of ELF's products are very reasonably priced, but I think for the quality you're getting with these, $3 is a steal.


All in all, I am very pleased with these shadows. I will definitely getting some more! If you haven't tried them yet, I recommend you do! They make a great "one shadow" look because of how much dimension they have.


Thanks for reading!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment