Thursday, August 01, 2013

NOTD: OPI Thanks a Windmillion with OPI Lights of Emerald City


Today's post is going to give you a quick look at the nail polish look I currently have on that I just love. These two polishes are both from OPI. 


Thanks a Windmillion is from last Spring's Holland Collection, which for some reason, is still being sold in the stores where I live. I think the collection might have been added to the permanent line. 
Thanks A Windmillion (cute name) is a muted, dusty, blue toned green creme. It is very very similar to Mermaids' Tears from the Pirates of the Carribean collection. It's a gorgeous colour, and needed two coats to be opaque. 

Lights of Emerald City is from Oz The Great and Powerful collection which was released earlier this year to coincide with the release of the movie. That collection is still available in some stores. 
This is the colour I used to put over the Thanks A Windmillion. It consists of a clear base with two types of square glitter- large white squares, and smaller iridescent pieces. Depending on what colour base you layer this over, it can look golden green (darker bases) or blueish purple (lighter bases). It was kind of difficult to get this evenly dispersed and I didn't end up with quite the look I wanted, but oh well. I'll try harder next time. 


Here's a close up shot of the bottle.



Thanks for reading!!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment