Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Review: Maybelline Master Drama Cream Pencil in Midnight Master



So I recently picked up two of the cream pencil liners from Maybelline's Master Drama line. I've been a big fan of the liquid liner from the line for a while now, and after receiving lots of recommendations for this liner, I thought I would pick up a couple of shades. 

The other one I picked up is in 'Taupe Takeover', which I'll be reviewing soon. That shade was part of Maybelline's Summer collection, which is still available in some drugstores.

But the one I'll be reviewing for you here today is the one in Midnight Master, which is the classic black of the line. I wear black pencil liner every day on my water line, so I figured I would give this one a whirl after hearing good things about how creamy it was. 

This is a twist up liner, so you don't have to sharpen it. One thing I will mention: once you twist it up, you can't twist it back down. 


This liner claims to have "creamy glide, bold colour, and 24 hr wear." Let's see if it lives up to these claims!

1. Creamy Glide: Yes! This is one of the smoothest liners I have tried. It glides on with such creaminess, it's almost a pleasure to put on in the morning. It's not like one of those liners that almost hurts to apply, because it scratches. 

2. Bold Colour: This is the number one reason I love this eye liner so much. It's no secret that a lot of black liners do not show up with intensity on your waterline, without really having to work at building up the colour. This liner glides on with rich, dark black in one swipe. I love it!


THAT'S ONE SWIPE. 

3. 24 hour wear: This is where we lose some points. Now I must say, I can only vouch for the staying power of this on the waterline, and I know that liners do not last as long on the waterline as they do on the eyelid. This does not last 24 hours on my waterline. It doesn't even last five. But I do believe it will last much longer on the eyelid. 


It also says this liner is smudge proof, which, once it sets, I have proven to be true. However, it is not waterproof! It will run if you cry or go swimming or something. 


Anyway, all in all, I would highly recommend this if you're looking for a rich black liner. I absolutely love it, and it will definitely become a staple in my collection! It's so much cheaper than my Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Perversion, that's for sure!


Thanks for reading!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment