Monday, September 03, 2012

My China Glaze Collection- Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of my China Glaze collection!! To see Part 1, click here.

Today I will be walking you through the second half of my China Glaze nail polish collection. Well, that's it for intro, I suppose, so let's get to the polish!

1) China Glaze Velvet Bow
China Glaze Velvet Bow

Velvet Bow is from China Glaze's last holiday collection, Let it Snow. This is deep wine shade, with such a smooth formula. It's a great way to wear dark, vampy colours without going completely black. It is a jelly formula, which means it looks glossy once it dries, even without a top coat.
It's a little sheer, so three coats makes it the most opaque. It can get a little goopy.

2) China Glaze Holly-Day

China Glaze Holly-Day

Also from the Let it Snow collection, Holly-Day is a simple one-a creamy forest green. It's incredibly smooth and self leveling. Only needs two coats to look great. 

3) China Glaze Champagne Bubbles
China Glaze Champagne Bubbles

I love China Glaze, but this nail polish is definitely not one of my favourites. I think I've worn it once, when I first got it.
Again from the Let it Snow collection, this polish is a yellow-gold frost with silver glitter particles. It just seems so...outdated. Ah well. You can't win them all.
Formula is ok, I would give it two coats.

4) China Glaze Tinsel Town
China Glaze Tinsel Town

Once again, this polish is from the Let it Snow collection (it was another one of my favourite collections, along with the Hunger Games). 
This doesn't really seem like a Christmas colour, but it is still super pretty! It has a charcoal gray sheer base, filled with silver and bluish glitter. 
Removal is a pain, but formula is good-two/three coats works well.

5) China Glaze Flirty Tankini
China Glaze Flirty Tankini

Sorry for the different angle on this one; I was having a hard time getting it to look accurate. 
This polish is from China Glaze's most recent summer collection, Summer Neons. I would call this a toned down neon. It is a orange and pink based coral, with pink shimmer. In natural light, it looks like the colour in the bottle, but in artificial light, it looks hot/neon pink.
It dries sort of matte, so a top coat is definitely needed for some shine! I would give this three coats.

6) China Glaze Make Some Noise
China Glaze Make Some Noise

Ok, so I was having a very hard time getting an accurate picture of this. In reality, it is much more bright and more red. 
This is from the Spring 2012 collection, Electropop. It is a bright red/coral creme. Really glossy and self leveling. Two coats is good.

7) China Glaze Smoke and Ashes
China Glaze Smoke and Ashes

Smoke and Ashes is from March's Hunger Games collection (I told you there would be more). It was my most wanted from the collection, and I literally went all over the city looking for it. 
It is dark base with green and blue shimmer. It is darker than it appears in the picture.
It is almost as annoying to remove as a glitter and a lot more messy. Good thing it's so pretty that you never want to take it off! It is super opaque, needing only one coat.



So that's it for my entire China Glaze collection! Be sure to check out Part 1 and my entire OPI collection.

Thanks for reading!!

Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment