Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review of Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

Sorry for the long gap between blog posts! I've been super busy.

Today's post is going to be a review of the not-so-new-anymore Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer. For starters: that's rather a long name!



Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

I really like the packaging, although I'm disappointed the tube is only half full of actual product. Using this everyday, I went through a tube of this in a little more than a month (maybe longer; I can't really remember). I had to repurchase so I thought I would blog with pictures of a brand new tube.

Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer



As you can see, this does have a brush tip. When you first get the product, you have to twist the bottom a lot of times before any product actually comes out. In the second picture, you can sort of see a little blob of product that I twisted out.

I have the colour Ivory, the second lightest shade. The lightest shade is Radiant, which is the same shade as Ivory, but it has significantly more pink tones. Ivory definitely has more yellow tones in it.


swatch

Obviously, this swatch isn't blended out; this is what it looks like when you first apply it on your skin. If anyone needs colour reference, my skin tone is very pale; I am generally the lightest shade in any foundation or concealer I buy.

Now onto the technicalities of the concealer:

Colour: The colour is a really good match for my skin. This concealer is available in six shades, so there is a range for everybody. However, there is no deep dark colours available.

Pigmentation: This is not the most pigmented concealer out there. However, it does have very good coverage. I use this for my undereye circles, and it does a pretty good job of covering them up.

Longevity: This usually lasts a good five hours on me. It's still there after that time, but it has faded a little. This doesn't fall into fine lines on my eyes, but for those with more fine lines, or oily skin, this might settle or fade a little more.

Consistency: This isn't a super thick concealer, but it's thick enough to do the job. 

Claims: This product claims to highlight your face while concealing imperfections. I've already touched base on the coverage it gives, but as for whether it highlights or not- yes it does. It isn't super obvious, like a whole bunch of sparkle on your face, but it subtly makes your face glow.

swatch

No, this isn't just a random picture of my hand. I blended out the swatch above in an attempt to catch the highlighting on camera, but unfortunately the camera does not want to pick it up. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure why I'm even putting this picture in. Because I bet the entire internet wants to see a picture of my hand. You're welcome, Internet.

But at least you can see how well the colour matches my skin!

My Rating: 9/10 
I knocked off a point because it could have more coverage, but all in all, I highly recommend this and will be repurchasing this again!


Thanks for reading!!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment