Sunday, November 11, 2012

My MAC Eyeshadow Collection!

















So today I'm going to share my MAC eyeshadow collection with you. I've found that MAC eyeshadows are some of the best quality there is, right after Urban Decay. All the shadows in this blog post are part of their permanent eyeshadow collection.
So over the course of about two years, I've only bought eight MAC eyeshadows for my palette. Why? Not because I don't like them, or because they're too expensive. In fact, they're quite reasonable for a high end brand. They're $17CAD regularly, but I get them for $13 because I buy them in the palette form.
Anyway, the reason I have only acquired eight is because MAC don't have a lot of shades that appeal to me.
Let's get started then!

1) MAC Phloof!



MAC Phloof!

This is my all time favourite colour from MAC. It is just such a perfect highlight colour. It's a frosty off-white with pink undertones. Lot's of pigment; a great colour.
According to MAC's website, this is indeed a frost finish. 

2) MAC Dazzlelight




MAC Dazzlelight

This is another great highlight shade. This is also an off white, with yellow undertones this time. This is a Veluxe Pearl finish. Not as good pigment on this one as Phloof!, but still decent.

3) MAC Retrospeck



MAC Retrospeck

I'll be honest, I don't really reach for this colour very often. It's a good colour, but I think I got a bad shadow. When I swatched this in store, it was smooth and buttery. But when I got it home, the one I got was stiff and not very pigmented at all. The swatch you see above is very heavy.
And yes, I understand it's supposed to be a "beached blonde", but it just lacks pop for me. But for people who like lighter shadows, maybe check this one out! This is a Lustre finish.

4) MAC Era



MAC Era

Now this is one I reach for a lot.This is the absolute perfect colour for when you want to look like you're not wearing any makeup, but you want your eyes to look finished; more polished. I love Era for this. 
MAC's website says this is a "soft golden brown with shimmer", which I'd say is pretty accurate, although I'm not sure about the shimmer part. It looks like it just has more of a sheen. It is a satin finish. This is definitely more of a warmer brown.

5) MAC All That Glitters



MAC All That Glitters

This is the first MAC shadow I ever got, and I must not have been very makeup savvy back then, because I NEVER use this anymore. It is just way too warm and orange for my skin tone. 
MAC describes this as a "beige with gold pearl", with a Veluxe Pearl finish. It's a pretty colour, and a cult favourite in the makeup community, but it just doesn't work on me.

6) MAC Honey Lust



 MAC Honey Lust

Once again, another colour I never use. And once again, it's because it pulls too warm on me. Not too mention the fallout is awful for this shade!!
MAC's description is a "bronze dipped peach", and that is definitely accurate. This is the same finish as Retrospeck (Lustre), but this is way more glittery, in my opinion. Not a fan, to be honest.

7) MAC Satin Taupe



MAC Satin Taupe

This is a definite favourite for me and many other MAC fans. Satin Taupe is just such a pretty colour, for any season of the year.
It is a mix of taupe, gray, purple and silver. This is a frost finish, just like Phloof! I can't say enough good things about this colour; I highly recommend it to everyone.

8) MAC Gleam



MAC Gleam

And last but not least, we have Gleam. This is quite a complex shade. According to MAC's website, Gleam is a "barely pinked gold" with a Lustre finish. I'd say the finish is more similar to Retrospeck than to Honey Lust. 
I don't use this colour very often either, because I can't really find a use for it. Which is a shame, because it is such a pretty colour!


So that's the entire collection!
Thank you for reading, and I hope everyone had a great weekend!!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment