Thursday, November 15, 2012

NOTD: China Glaze Velvet Bow

China Glaze Velvet Bow

I honestly cannot express how much I love this colour. I know it's nothing special and it's been seen in many a collection before, but I just love how... glamorous it looks on the nails.


China Glaze Velvet Bow

This is from China Glaze's holiday collection from last year, Let it Snow. This is a deep burgundy/wine creme, but it kind of squishy looking, and I'd say it's bordering on a jelly formula.
This is literally the best formula I have ever worked with for a nail polish. I'm the type of person that gets air bubbles every single time I paint my nails, regardless of what I do, but this one gave me no air bubbles AT ALL. It's a miracle!
This might be due to the fact that I've started using a new top coat, Revlon Colorstay. It's really great so far, as a little side note.

China Glaze Velvet Bow

As this is a semi jelly finish, it was sort of sheer, so I needed three coats to reach full opacity. Definitely worth it!
Obviously, this colour isn't available anymore, but it's so common, I'm sure you can find another colour like it. In fact, there's a colour very similar in the OPI holiday collection (both the collection and the polish are called Skyfall). 
There is also a very similar colour in this year's China Glaze holiday collection, Holiday Joy. The polish is called Merry Berry.


Thanks for reading!!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment