Tuesday, December 11, 2012

NOTD: China Glaze Ring in the Red over China Glaze Holly-Day

China Glaze Ring in the Red and Holly-Day

So since it's almost Christmas, I thought it was about time that I started doing Christmas nails! So I started with a smooth forest green, China Glaze's Holly-Day from last year's holiday collection.



China Glaze Holly-Day

I did one coat of Holly-day, which was all it needed to be completely opaque. Then I decided to add a sparkly red over top, so I chose Ring in the Red, from the same collection as Holly-day.



Ring in the Red over Holly-day

Since Ring in the Red is sort of sheer by itself, I thought it would be great layered over another colour. What you see here is one coat of Ring in the Red, one coat of Holly-day and two layers of top coat. All that made for a very smooth finish.



After only a day though, I had already acquired two chips on my thumb nail. But ah well, they can be easily fixed.

All in all, I really like the way it turned out; I think it's very Christmas-sy!! 


Thanks for reading!!




Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment