Wednesday, January 30, 2013

NOTD: China Glaze Get Carried Away

China Glaze Get Carried Away

Warning: This post is going to be pretty picture heavy, because I just had to include every single photo I took of this polish, because it is just so darn pretty!

This nail polish is one of four that I bought from the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil Collection that was released late last year. Some stores are still selling this collection, so I thought I would post this NOTD anyway.




Get Carried Away does not look like what it does in the pictures above. It has a sheer black base, so I layered it over a dark polish (OPI Lincoln Park After Dark). Worn alone it is much more sheer and would need many coats to become opaque. 


This is it layered over a darker polish.I recommend using it over another polish, as it is sheer by itself and putting on many coats can cause it to go pretty thick and clumpy.

Get Carried Away has a black base like I mentioned, and it is filled with different types of glitter. It has small silver circular glitter, as well as large rose and silver hexagonal pieces and black bar glitter. Since I put this over a black polish, I can't see the bar glitter on my nails. 



In these pictures, you can clearly see the different kinds of glitter. On my index finger, you can sort of see a piece of the bar glitter that is overlapping a piece of silver glitter. 

The formula on this was ok. It is quite thick, so layering is a good choice. I put only one coat over top of the OPI polish. It was also rather difficult to get the pieces of glitter evenly dispersed on the nail, so a little manipulation with the brush was required. 

Here are some pictures of it by itself and the actual brush, so you can see the pieces of glitter better. 


Overall, I really like this colour. It definitely needs to be worn over another colour, but I don't mind that. It adds something to just a plain black polish, and makes it looks less harsh and more fun!

Thanks for reading!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment