Friday, January 11, 2013

Review: Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara

Too Faced LashGasm Mascara

Today's post is going to be a review of a mascara I got for Christmas, Too Faced's LashGasm (awkward name) mascara. This came with a palette I got from Too Faced, the Shadow Bon Bons Palette. 

For starters, I like this packaging. It's simple and not overdone. It's slim enough to fit into any makeup bag. The writing on the tube is nice. 


I really wanted to like this mascara, and I was excited to try it. It's not the worse mascara ever...well, I'll tell you what I'm not too fond of about it. 

What Sephora says about this: (source: sephora.com)
What it is:
A voluptuous, fluffing mascara that conditions as it thickens to create dramatically long lashes with intense color.

What it does:
Lashgasm's multiple rows of flexible-but-firm, molded bristles are designed with micro-hooks that grab each and every lash for a clump-free application. The vitamin-rich, creamy formula penetrates for high-color absorbency and exaggerated depth. Meadowfoam seed oil forms a protective barrier to lock in soothing emollients that promote long-term wear without drying or harming lashes. A moisturizing combination of panthenol, vitamins A & E, and jojoba seed oil hydrates and soothes lashes to keep them soft, light, and flexible.

I really do think that this mascara lengthens well, and the colour does make my lashes a nice rich black. The only problem I have with this mascara is the brush. When I first looked at the brush, I thought it seemed like it was going to separate my lashes really well.
But-the opening of the tube isn't small enough to scrape off the clumps of the mascara that come out with the brush. 


Can you see the globs of mascara on there? When I put this on my lashes, it makes them all clump and stick together. I have to turn the brush over to try to find a side that doesn't have goopy black stuff on it. 

Here I have some before and after pictures using this mascara:

lashes before: no mascara


lashes after: with mascara

As you can see, it lengthens nicely and makes lashes thick. But you can see my lashes get clumpy and this is only two coats. You can get nice results, you just have to work a little harder with the brush.


My Rating: 8/10

This retails for $28 CAD, and can be bought wherever Too Faced products are sold.


Thanks for reading!!



Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment