Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Brush Collection! Part 2- Eye

Welcome to Part 2 of my brush collection!! Today I'll be going through my eye brushes, and I have a few more of them than face brushes.
So since this needs no introduction, I'll just jump right into them!!

EYE BRUSHES

Flat Eyeshadow Brushes
1) Quo Flat Shadow Brush
Quo Flat Shadow Brush

I love this eyeshadow brush. I got it quite awhile ago, but it is perfect for packing the right amount of colour onto the lid. It makes colours pop, and it is definitely a staple in my collection.

2) EcoTools Concealer Brush
EcoTools Concealer Brush

I know this is marketed as a concealer brush, but I use it as a eyeshadow brush. It doesn't work quite as well as the Quo one; it's bristles don't transfer as much eyeshadow onto the lid.

Crease Blending Brushes
3) Spa Resource Crease Blender Brush
Spa Resource Crease Blender Brush

This is the smallest crease brush I own. I really like it because it gets lots of colour in the crease and just apply a wash of colour, like some bigger crease brushes can. 
This cost me about $4 CAD at my Wal-Mart, which I thought was a great deal for the quality!

4) EcoTools Eye Shading Brush
EcoTools Eye Shading Brush

I use this brush for extreme blending, or for when I want a wash of diluted colour in the crease. It's a good brush, but I don't find myself reaching for it that often. This came in a travel set.

5) EcoTools Highlighting Brush
EcoTools Highlighting Brush

Now this is a brush I reach for often. Like the name says, I use this a lot to highlight my browbone.
I also use it sometimes for putting a bit of colour in my crease. This also came in a travel set.

Eyeliner Brushes
6) Essence Cream Liner Brush
Essence Cream Liner Brush

As the name suggests, this is meant for cream liner. However, I use it with powder eyeshadow sometimes to line my upper and lower lashline, usually with the same colour I used in the crease. This brush definitely gets a lot of use.

7) EcoTools Smudge Eyeliner Brush
EcoTools Smudge Eyeliner Brush

I use this brush alonside the previously mentioned Essence brush. On my upper lashline, after the Essence brush has applied shadow along it, I will use this to smudge the shadow into my crease to add a bit of definition. This is a recent addition to my collection, but is already getting a lot of use.

Dual Ended Brushes
8) Urban Decay Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush
Urban Decay Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush

This brush came with my Urban Decay Naked2 Palette, and I absolutely love it. I don't use the shadow end all that often, but I adore the crease end. I use it blend the colours already in my crease, and it will diffuse even the darkest of colours. Absolutely love it. This dual ended brush is not available on its own, but I would recommend the crease brush, which can be bought separately. 

Detail Brushes
9) EcoTools Petite Eye Shading Brush
EcoTools Petite Eye Shading Brush

I use this brush for one thing- for applying a light shadow to my inner eyelid to brighten it up. It fits perfectly on my eye shape. This also came in a travel set.

10) EcoTools Smudge Brush
EcoTools Smudge Brush

Again, this brush only has one purpose- highlighting. I use this to apply a light shimmery shade in my inner corner to brighten up my entire eye. This is a daily task for me, so needless to say, this one gets a lot of use.


So that's it for my entire brush collection!!

Thanks for reading!!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment