Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner Review

source: www.welldressed25.blogspot.com

Welcome to my first blog post!!!
Today's review will be of  Redken Shampoo and Conditioner.

Before we begin, I think it would be a good idea to tell you what my hair type is because of course, my results may be different from yours depending on your hair's needs.
I have fairly long, thick, naturally curly brown hair. I straighten my hair every two days (I know, I know).

Now on to the review :)

I was looking for some travel shampoo and conditioner to bring on my vacation to Europe. I picked up this shampoo and conditioner because this is what my stylist uses on me when I go to get my hair cut, and it always makes my hair super soft and shiny!

So when we arrived for the first two weeks of our vacation in England, I got super excited to use this and feel that salon feeling. I showered, washed my hair, and went to sleep with my hair still slightly damp.  I woke up the next morning, and felt my hair. Disaster!

My hair felt so waxy and disgusting, as if I hadn't washed it out at all. At first I thought I hadn't rinsed my hair well enough, so the next time I washed it, I was very thorough in making sure everything was rinsed out. That  yielded the same results.

The next time, I tried using less conditioner. Same. Then I tried using less shampoo. Same. I spent the entire two weeks trying to make this work. I then resigned myself to the fate of having waxy hair.

After our two weeks in England, we went for another two weeks in Scotland (which is where I am now). I washed my hair the first night here, and went to bed.

I woke up in the morning, and almost gasped aloud. My hair felt silky, clean and smooth. When I straightened it, it was incredibly soft. The climate of Scotland is much the same as it is where I live in Canada, but England when I was there, it was very humid, which accounts for the waxiness in my hair!

So I'm happy to give this shampoo and conditioner a satisfied 9/10!! I knocked off one point for the price, as Redken is a high end brand, but it's worth it, in my opinion!!

Thanks for reading!!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment