Friday, August 10, 2012

My Traveling Nail Polish Collection!

So since I'm traveling, I obviously can't drag around my entire nail polish collection. So today I thought I would show you what nail polishes I brought on vacation with me!

From L-R: Revlon Colorstay Base Coat, China Glaze Make Some Noise
OPI Just Spotted the Lizard, China Glaze Smoke and Ashes, OPI Top Coat

I think three nail polishes is appropriate for three weeks, right? (I painted my nails right before I left, and left that on for the first week- it's a month long vacation).

So this isn't really going to be a review of each separate nail polish, but I will talk about it for a bit, but no in depth reviews :)

Ok, let's get started!

Revlon Colorstay Base Coat

Ah, every good manicure has to start with a base coat, right? Actually, that's not true; I didn't use basecoat until maybe a month ago. But this is an excellent basecoat to use as a first one (or second, or third...). 
Revlon says that you have to use it with it's corresponding top coat to work well, but I don't, and it works amazingly. It makes my nail polish stay on longer (I am not kidding, I can make it ten days with no chips- more on that later), it dries quickly, and it strengthens my nails even though that isn't one of its claims.

China Glaze Make Some Noise

Make Some Noise is from China Glaze's Spring 2012 collection, Electropop. It was the only colour that really stood out to me, so the only one I purchased. It goes on your nails much brighter than in the bottle, but it is still a beautiful colour. In fact, this is the colour that is on my nails here: 


It still looks a little bit brighter in real life than it does in both pictures- the camera isn't picking it up for some reason.

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard

This lovely colour is from OPI's summer collection 2012, The Amazing Spiderman, to coincide with the release of the movie. This particular polish got a lot of buzz for being a dupe of Chanel's popular duochrome polish, Peridot. You can see this here:


As you can see, this is a stunning colour. I was going to pass on this, until one of my friends bought it. When she wore it, I just had to get it too!!!

China Glaze Smoke and Ashes

This was a polish from China Glaze's Hunger Games collection, Colours from the Capitol. Each of the 12 polishes in the collection represented one of the 12 districts; this particular polish represents Distrcit 12, the district where Katniss comes from.

This polish is blue/black based, with green and blue flecks of shimmer, as you can see in the bottle.
You can see swatches of this in my most recent Nail of the Day post.

OPI Top Coat

And of course, no manicure is complete without a top coat (that one I'm allowed to say; I use top coat all the time). I got this top coat for Christmas and have been using this ever since.

Earlier I mentioned that I can get ten days of wear with no chips. I didn't want you to think that was all from the base coat, so I thought I would tell you my nail polish "routine" very quickly.

I use one coat of base coat, then I wait for that to dry. Then I paint two-three coats of nail polish, depending on the opacity of the specific polish, waiting for each coat to dry in between. Then I add two coats of top coat. All of this is why I can go so long without chips!!


So I hope you enjoyed my "traveling nail polish collection"! Maybe some day I'll do a post on my entire nail polish collection, although I would have to split it into a lot of parts!! :D

Thanks for reading!!!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment