Thursday, August 09, 2012

Review of ELF Makeup Mist and Set

ELF Makeup Mist and Set

Really quick post today; a review on a makeup setting spray from ELF, or eyelipsface. 

ELF's website says:
"Wish you could have a product for your makeup like Hairspray is for your hair? Well…keep your makeup staying in place all day with a radiance boosting invisible hold with our new Makeup Mist & Set. The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E. The lightweight, comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading."

The reason I bought this is not because I wanted my makeup to stay on longer, or prevent it running or fading, although it does do a pretty good job of. But there is the unavoidable fact that no matter what you put on your face, your makeup will fade. It's a fact of life. But I digress.

The original reason I bought this is because I read some reviews on ELF's website that said this spray helped their makeup look less cakey and more dewy. I'm always looking for something to do that, as my skin is fairly dry.

So I eagerly waited for my ELF order to come in the mail, and used this the next morning on my makeup. Disappointment. I didn't see any difference, except for the fact that my face looked wet (more  on that later). 
So I set this aside.

But then...
I was watching another one of my favourite Youtubers, Nikki Phillippi, review some other makeup setting spray. She mentioned that it also did nothing for her, until she learned a helpful little tip from another Youtuber- spray before and after you apply your makeup. 

So I tried that, and it worked really well!! It does help my makeup stay even longer, but best of all, my makeup doesn't look super dry on me anymore!!! 

So now that I'm satisfied with the performance of this product, let's take a look at the technical aspects, shall we?


As you can see from the above picture, this comes in a spray bottle. Since this product is called "Makeup Mist and Set", you would expect it to come out in a mist, right? Wrong. 
Part of the spray is mist, the other part is just big droplets. It's really not the worst thing ever, but I do have to wait for it dry because I can put on my makeup. And it gets more product on certain parts of my face than others. But a small complaint.

My Rating: 8.5/10 I'm pretty satisfied with this product, all except for the so called "mist". But it's not a deal breaker, so I will continue to use this.

Thanks for reading!!!
Melissa


1 comment:

  1. Thank you!!! Glad you enjoyed it!! I just checked out yours and loved the outfits!!

    ReplyDelete